The UltraSilencer EL6986A is a bagged canister vacuum cleaner of Electrolux. It is designed to work silently, with a noise level of only 65 dB.
Technical Specifications :
- Carpet / Hard floor nozzle
- Turbo nozzle
- Crevice tool
- 2 in 1 tool
The standard nozzle can be used for smooth floors or carpeted surfaces. Its cleaning path is 10 inches wide. It has a low profile to reach easily under the furniture.
The turbo nozzle is intended for low-pile carpets and area rugs.
The crevice tool and 2 in 1 tool can both be stored underneath the handle. The 2 in 1 tool can be used either as a dusting brush, an upholstery brush, or a crevice nozzle. When not in use, it can be placed on a the tube.
The UltraSilencer EL6986EA is equipped with a washable HEPA 12 filter, to eliminate small particles and allergens. It also has a permanent filter protecting the motor. The bags used are S-bags Classic.
- The UltraSilencer is efficient on on hard floors, and low pile carpets.
- The motor has a high efficiency, which means a lower electrical consumption for the same performances.
- The noise output is very low, at only 65 dB.
- A power selector wheel on the canister, can be used to adapt the suction (and the noise) to the floor that you are cleaning. An override opening is also accessible on the wand handle.
- The HEPA 12 filters the small particles and allergens, which is useful for asthmatic or allergic persons.
- The bags have an auto-seal closing, which seals the dust inside when you replace them.
- An indicator warns you when the dust bag is full and has to be replaced.
- Lightweight, easy to maneuver and to store.
- Automatic cord retraction.
- there is a 5-years warranty.
- The attachment to hold the accessories on the handle sometimes falls off.
- Small bag capacity (1.2 qt).
|I was expecting quiet but this thing is simply amazing! That’s very good, indeed, because we wanted to stop scaring the cat on cleaning day. Brian (our sweet kitty) doesn’t run and hide from this vacuum. I recommend the Electrolux wholeheartedly. It’s also maneuverable, lightweight and has excellent power.|
|We have had a variety of high end vacuum cleaners and still always had issues cleaning our tile flooring well, especially with dog hair! Now that we moved into a home with primarily hardwood and tile flooring we were in search of a vacuum that could handle these surfaces well. We tested this vacuum at our local Lowe’s and instantly fell in love. It is hands down the best vacuum for hard flooring and dog/pet owners. We can’t say enough good things about it!|
Our advice :
As most canister vacuum cleaners, the Electrolux UltraSilencer EL6986A is more efficient on hard floors and low pile carpets. This model is silent and yet powerful enough to do a good job, and as an additional bonus has a low power consumption.